Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy and delicious dessert.
- 2 -3 ripe fresh peaches, peeled
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large plain croissants
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice peaches into a large glass bowl and sprinkle with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; set aside.
- Slice croissants into 1" slices and layer in a deep baking dish with cream cheese side up.
- Spoon peaches over croissant slices.
- Add a second layer of croissant slices on top.
- Whisk eggs, milk 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over the layered croissants and peaches.
- Let mixture set for one-half hour so that the egg mixture will be absorbed.
- Sprinkle top with additional nutmeg and bake at 350°F.
- for one hour until set and golden brown.
- Serve with fresh peach slices and whipped cream (or, a scope of Ben and Jerry does it for me:).