Recipe by Sonya01
delicious. - January 2002 looks refreshing great for picnics. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, finely sliced
- 3 -4 fresh lime leaves or 1⁄2 lime, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 500 ml light rum
- 250 ml cranberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- These drinks are prepared in two stages: first you make the alcoholic marinade, which also doubles as a fruit garnish, and then you add soda water.
- Pour all the ingredients for the marinade into a portable flask, bottle or jar (preferably the night before the picnic). Secure the lid, give it a quick shake and refrigerate. To serve, fill a tall glass with ice, half fill with the marinade, then top up with soda.
- Notes & tips.
- Tip: the longer you leave the marinade to infuse, the better the flavour.