Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I use fresh peaches when in season or fresh peaches that I have put up in the freezer. YUM!
Top Review by Bev
I went with my craving for a good coffe cake this morning and came up with this delightful one! I had never tried a peach coffee cake before, but so glad I did. This is an excellent recipe and I am enjoying it so much. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks, NurseDi!
Streusel Topping and Filling
- 473.18 ml chopped pecans
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sliced peeled fresh peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together streusel ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup streusel.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup streusel.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Place peaches on top of cake; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edges to loosen and remove sides of pan.