Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I use fresh peaches when in season or fresh peaches that I have put up in the freezer. YUM!
Make and share this Peach-Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
Streusel Topping and Filling
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Mix together streusel ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup streusel.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup streusel.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Place peaches on top of cake; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edges to loosen and remove sides of pan.
I went with my craving for a good coffe cake this morning and came up with this delightful one! I had never tried a peach coffee cake before, but so glad I did. This is an excellent recipe and I am enjoying it so much. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks, NurseDi!
WOW!!! This coffee cake is the best. The peach streusel topping really makes it out of the ordinary and very delicious. We ate it while still warm and thought we were in heaven. Thanks for sharing this.
If I could give this more than five stars I would. Moist,delicious and the strusel was really wonderful. Top notch recipe.