Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, August 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1Position oven rack to the lowest setting, and remove middle rack. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Lightly coat 6 (8-ounce) soufflé dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Set aside.
- 3Place peaches and 1/3 cup granulated sugar in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 4Combine peach mixture, cornstarch, juice, salt, and egg yolks in a medium saucepan, stirring well with a whisk; bring to a boil.
- 5Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- 7Cool 5 minutes.
- 8Place cream of tartar and egg whites in a large mixing bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- 9Add the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat).
- 10Gently stir 1/4 of egg whites into peach mixture, and gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- 11Gently spoon the mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times on counter to level.
- 12Place dishes on a baking sheet, and place baking sheet on the bottom rack of
- 14Immediately reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove soufflés from oven).
- 15Bake for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the side of soufflé comes out clean.
- 16Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Souffles
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 93.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g