Prep 5 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I got from a co-worker that I haven't tried yet, but plan to very soon. It looks like a perfect dessert for a hot summer night or after a large meal. Prep time includes freeze time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pears, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup champagne or 2⁄3 cup sparkling white wine
- Puree peaches and pears.
- Combine sugar and wine in a saucepan; bring to simmer.
- Simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in pureed fruit.
- Pour into a freezerproof container; cover.
- Freeze for 3 hours, whisking every 30 minutes to break up crystals.
- Freeze for 2 hours longer or until firm.
YUM! Make this with fresh fruit, there is no substitute! I made it in an ice cream maker with white port, since that is what I had. I also halved the sugar and used just peaches, though the combo probably would be good. Really delicious!