Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Peaches and Amaretto in a sorbet... yum. This is an easy recipe that doesn't require an ice cream maker. As a bonus, it's completely fat free! It's from Peach Perfect by Sherri Eldridge. Cooking time includes freezing time.
- 4 cups peeled and diced fresh peaches, and their juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 5 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a blender, whip peaches and their juice until smooth.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in peach puree.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan and set in freezer. Using a rubber spatula, stir every 15 minutes until creamy, about 2 hours. Cover and allow to freeze.
- To serve, scoop into small dishes and garnish with fresh fruit.
Super easy but I would cut the lemon juice way back. Tastes almost entirely like lemon. Very tart. Was hoping to taste the peach and ameretto more
I used fresh fruit but substituted the oj with fruit cocktail that was in the house. Rita's idea of adding almond liquer sounds really worth trying as i served my sorbet with almonds on top and everyone liked it! PS: it got a little too sour
I used frozen peaches, cut the sugar in 1/2 and used orange juice concentrate with almond extract! Put it all into my vita mix and walla no refreezing or waiting just make and eat! I didn`t like the orange in it so if I make a gain I`ll go for just almond liqueur. Kids were enjoying this that is why I opted for the oj.