Recipe by Kree
Peaches and Amaretto in a sorbet... yum. This is an easy recipe that doesn't require an ice cream maker. As a bonus, it's completely fat free! It's from Peach Perfect by Sherri Eldridge. Cooking time includes freezing time.
- 4 cups peeled and diced fresh peaches, and their juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 5 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, whip peaches and their juice until smooth.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in peach puree.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan and set in freezer. Using a rubber spatula, stir every 15 minutes until creamy, about 2 hours. Cover and allow to freeze.
- To serve, scoop into small dishes and garnish with fresh fruit.