Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a frosty dessert/drink with a bit of rum in it. This is from the now defunct Philadelphia Journal newspaper.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and put into blender container.
- Drain peaches and reserve 3 tbl of syrup.
- Add fruit, 3 tbl syrup and rum to blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Pour into 4 dessert dishes and chill in freezer for 25 minutes.
Very tasty, very easy. This is sort of like a creamy peach colada. It would be a great thing to make in advance for guests. I used light cream cheese and thought it tasted wonderful.