- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk and peaches, stirring just until blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups (paper liners do not work very well with this recipe).
- Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden.