Recipe by *Z*
I haven't made these but I like the sound of the recipe b/c it uses fresh peaches.
Top Review by sheislisamarie
I've said for a while that I've wanted to learn how to make scones, and with a ton of fresh peaches lying around and some time to kill, I finally did it using this recipe! They were -AMAZING-. I scaled up the batch to 20 scones and made them a few days ago - the few that are left are still extremely moist on day 3! Everybody thought they were great. We made a quick glaze to go on top, and that just sent them over the edge. I can't wait to make these again!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped, about 1 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture with peaches until just combined.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough 5-6 times.
- Pat dough into 3/4" thick circle.
- Cut into 10 wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 edgrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.