Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't made these but I like the sound of the recipe b/c it uses fresh peaches.
Make and share this Peach Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture with peaches until just combined.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough 5-6 times.
- Pat dough into 3/4" thick circle.
- Cut into 10 wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 edgrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
I've said for a while that I've wanted to learn how to make scones, and with a ton of fresh peaches lying around and some time to kill, I finally did it using this recipe! They were -AMAZING-. I scaled up the batch to 20 scones and made them a few days ago - the few that are left are still extremely moist on day 3! Everybody thought they were great. We made a quick glaze to go on top, and that just sent them over the edge. I can't wait to make these again!
We made these for brunch with friends and I'm keeping this recipe on my short list - they were awesome. I replaced 1/3 of the sugar with turbinado and added about 1/4 tsp ground ginger and 1/3 cup minced candied ginger. We also sprinkled the tops with more turbinado before baking. Total winners. I'm already planning who we can make them for next!
OH. MY. WORD. These are perfect--just the right amount of sweetness and cinnamon! FYI, I doubled the batch and mixed them up with my KitchenAid. It worked well as long as I coarsely cut up the butter, then threw it in with the dry ingredients and pretended the beater was a pastry blender. Perfect.