Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use as a condiment on roasted poultry; or use to baste meat while cooking.
- 2 cups peach jam
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Allow to sit about 15 minutes to thicken again.
- Spoon over roasted poultry.
I used 4 cups of very ripe sweet fresh peaches instead of the jam; put all the ingredients (except the Grand Marnier)into a saucepan and simmered until thick. Added the Grand Marnier after removing it from the heat. I used the sauce to glaze two pork tenderloins which I roasted in the oven. Wonderful flavours!
You have a real winner here. I could not find the peach jam so had to use peach preserves but it worked well for this. After bringing to a boil I tasted it and decided not to add any sugar because it really didn't need any. Everything else was made as written. Used this to grill chicken thigh tonight for friends and reserved some for pouring over the chicken when served. Everyone loved it. thanks for another repeat recipe.