1/1 Photo of Peach Salsa That Will Blow Your Mind!!!!
Megan Yonak's Note:
I just made this recipe up while making my Christmas gift baskets... I had actually never made salsa before and this was truly a hit. I brought this to a Christmas party and heard from quite a few that it was the best salsa they have ever had.... I breathed on my fingernails and brushed them against my shoulder... :) I do say so myself- this is dang good salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 ounces diced tomatoes (3 jumbo cans, 1 smaller regular sized can, you can drain them or not, I drained mine to keep it chun)
- 2 (16 ounce) bags sliced peaches (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 jalapenos (for medium spiced salsa keep 2 with seeds and ribs, the other two remove all ribs and seeds- diced)
- 1 whole lime, juice of
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or desired amount- i used about 10 pieces of fresh- riped into tiny pieces, so im guessing that is a)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 -3 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Sriricha- to taste)
- 1Mix all ingredients in a large pot- cook until desired thickness and onions have lost some of their color and become slightly translucent.
- 2I also took a potato masher and slightly mashed the salsa to keep it chunky yet add some smoothness to it as well.
- 3Ladle into jars and viola -- peach salsa bliss (let stand for 15 min, place lids on and put into refrigerator).
- 4Keep refrigerated after opening.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Salsa That Will Blow Your Mind!!!!
Serving Size: 1 (6078 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1089.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g