Recipe by evelyn/athens
Too many peaches? Put them up in this unusual, spicy salsa.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is wonderful salsa, I used only 8 peaches and reduced all other ingredients just slightly, I only plan to refrigerate this, but I am thinking about making it again to process, it is really good! thanks Ev!...Kitten:)
- 1419.54 ml prepared peaches (about 12 medium or 3 lb)
- 295.73 ml chopped red onions
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml loosely packed finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch, peel, pit and chop peaches.
- Measure 6 cups.
- Combine peaches, onion, peppers, cilantro, vinegar, honey, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Boil gently, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- If bottling, process in usual way, processing for a further 10 minutes.
- This will make approximately 4 pints of Salsa.