1/7 Photos of Peach Salsa
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An excellent salsa that goes well with fish dishes, or just as a snack with crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chopped peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 3 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 4 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Sterilize 8, 1/2 pint jars, then place upside down in a 325 F oven for about 15 minutes.
- 2Blanch peaches, cool in cold water, peel, pit and chop to measure 6 cups.
- 3Blanch tomatoes and cool with cold water, peel, remove seeds and cut into chunks.
- 4In a large stainless or enamel cooking pot, combine peaches, tomatoes, onion, Jalapeno peppers, sweet red pepper, cilantro, vinegar, honey, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the mixture is too sloppy or soupy, boil for a few minutes longer so that some of the liquid evaporates and the mixture thickens.
- 6Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 7Add more cayenne pepper if you desire a spicier taste.
- 8Ladle salsa into hot jars to within 1/4 inch of top for headspace.
- 9Remove air bubbles by sliding a rubber spatula between the glass and salsa.
- 10Re-adjust the headspace to 1/4 inch.
- 11Wipe jar rim to remove any stickiness.
- 12Center lid on top of jar; apply screw band just until finger tight.
- 13Place jars in a hot bath in a canner and process for 10 minutes.
- 14Remove jars and place on a towel, then cover with another towel to cool slowly.
- 15Jars are sealed when the lids pop and are curved down, (concave).
- 16Label jars and store in a cool, dark place.
- 17NOTE: You can substitute and use 6 cups of fresh, chopped pineapple for a different flavor.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (2113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g