Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good salsa recipe-adjust jalapeños for your heat preference.
- 6 cups peeled pitted and chopped peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 -6 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large stainless steel or enamel pot combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- Boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
This recipe made a little less than 7 half pints, not 8 as expected. Although it is nicely flavoured, it would be improved by a touch of salt. It is also a little on the watery side.
I thought this was a great recipe. I made it late summer with all ingrediants from the Farmers market and my grandpa's peaches that were very ripe. Has great flavor, everyone that I gave a jar to loved it.