Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe; posted for safekeeping. From Ismail Merchant, author of Passionate Meals: The New Indian Cuisine for Fearless Cooks and Adventerous Eaters.
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 8 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a serving bowl, combine the rose water, sugar, saffron, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the sliced peaches and stir them gently to coat with the liquid.
- Cool in the refrigerator and serve garnished iwth a few mint leaves, if desired.
Delicious fruit salad, perfect for the very short peach season. I used half sugar and half splenda (next time maybe all splenda) and I did add teh mint leaves but skipped the lemon juice. Delish! Thanks for sharing!