This jam is delightful! Great combination of the peach and rhubarb. It's not too sweet, just a nice mellow flavor. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- Dice rhubarb and place in pan over medium heat with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Cook rhubarb until soft approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove peach skins, pit, and cut peaches into bite size pieces.
- Mash peaches and place into pan with rhubarb.
- Stir. Let mixture come to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 30 minutes.
- In separate bowl, mix together sugar and pectin.
- Add sugar/pectin mixture to peach and rhubarb pan.
- Stir together and let come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. (Recipe makes six 8oz. jars).
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water bath at 200 degrees or boiling water for 10 minutes. Lids will "pop" once removed from hot water bath and you know they are sealed. Let cool on counter.