A nice fresh fruit treat, that is not too difficult to make yet very impressive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Chop the almonds in a food processor.
- 3Add the oatmeal and process until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 4Add sugars and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- 5Process just combine the ingredients.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Combine diced peaches, raspberries, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla extract, and toss to mix well.
- 8Place one sheet of phyllo on a clean counter.
- 9Brush lightly with melted butter to cover the entire sheet.
- 10Top with a second sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle about one-fifth of the pecan mixture generously over the top.
- 12Add another sheet of phyllo, butter it, and top with the pecan mixture, and keep the layers going to the last sheet of phyllo is used.
- 13Sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the top of the filo dough.
- 14Spread the fruit mixture in a log down one of the long sides of the phyllo sheets, leaving a 1-inch border on each end.
- 15Starting with the long end, roll the phyllo and fruit into a log, tucking the ends under so that the fruit is completely enclosed.
- 16Cut a piece of baking parchment big enough to fit the strudel.
- 17Place the strudel seam side down on a baking pan lined with the parchment.
- 18Brush the tops and sides of strudel with remaining melted butter.
- 19Make shallow cuts with a serrated knife along the top of the strudel, where you'll want to cut it after it is baked.
- 20Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 21Serve warm or cold, dusted with powdered sugar and topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Raspberry Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g