Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice fresh fruit treat, that is not too difficult to make yet very impressive.
Make and share this Peach Raspberry Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Chop the almonds in a food processor.
- Add the oatmeal and process until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add sugars and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Process just combine the ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Combine diced peaches, raspberries, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla extract, and toss to mix well.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a clean counter.
- Brush lightly with melted butter to cover the entire sheet.
- Top with a second sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle about one-fifth of the pecan mixture generously over the top.
- Add another sheet of phyllo, butter it, and top with the pecan mixture, and keep the layers going to the last sheet of phyllo is used.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the top of the filo dough.
- Spread the fruit mixture in a log down one of the long sides of the phyllo sheets, leaving a 1-inch border on each end.
- Starting with the long end, roll the phyllo and fruit into a log, tucking the ends under so that the fruit is completely enclosed.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment big enough to fit the strudel.
- Place the strudel seam side down on a baking pan lined with the parchment.
- Brush the tops and sides of strudel with remaining melted butter.
- Make shallow cuts with a serrated knife along the top of the strudel, where you'll want to cut it after it is baked.
- Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, dusted with powdered sugar and topped with ice cream or whipped cream.