Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this in the newspaper.
- 4 cups ripe sliced fresh peaches
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberry, washed
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup crisco pure canola oil
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix well. Very gently fold in the raspberries and transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine the light brown sugar, flour, pecans, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Slowly add the oil while stirring with a fork until well mixed and a crumb mixture is formed. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake about 30 minutes until the juices are bubbling and the top is browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!