Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A reduced sugar recipe from canning guru-ess Barb Schaller. So few ingredients make such a wonderful end product.
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed peeled peaches (about 6 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- juice of half a lime
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packageball 1 . 75oz no sugar needed pectin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Sanitize the jars and lids. Leave the jars in the hot water until ready to fill.
- Use a potato masher to mash the peaches, keeping some chunky and not finely pureed.
- Combine the fruits, apple juice and lime juice in a 6 quart saucepan. Gradually stir in the pectin while stirring with the spatula. Bring to a rolling boil, that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and stir thoroughly. Return the mixture to a rolling boil and boil hard for 2-3 minutes.
- When you lift your spatula you will see that the juices are starting to set, but still able to drip. If it thickens too quicklly, add a touch more apple juice.
- Remove from heat, pour the jam into a pourable 2 quart measuring cup. Stir slowly and gently for 5 minutes to help ensure the fruit is distributed evenly. Use your skimmer to skim any foam off the top. Lift the spatula from the jam again to see if it is setting, it should be setting somewhat, but still pourable.
- Remove the sterilized jars onto a clean kitchen towel.
- Fill the hot jars with the hot jam. Leave 1/4-inch of headspace at the top of the jar. Wipe the rim of the jar with a clean towel.
- Place the hot lids onto the jars. Apply the band and tighten. Place the jars back in the hot water using the jar lifter. . Make sure the jars are completely covered with the water. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil for 10 minutes (adjusting for altitude).
- Remove the jars and allow to cool on a towel.