Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 medium peaches, pared,seeded and mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup thawed frozen red raspberries, pureed
- 2 cups coffee cream (NOT nondairy creamer) or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -5 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- In 1 1/2 quart or larger ice cream freezer container, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Return leftovers to freezer.
Like the other rater, all of it did not fit in my 1 1/2 quart mixer which I ended up cleaning a bit. That aside, the condensed milk imparts an odd taste when it combines with the almond extract. It wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar.
The flavor was delicious. Perfect late summer treat. I will say I ended up with more ice cream than would fit in my bowl/maker, so I might cut back a little next time. Also I think the natural pectin in the raspberries made the ice cream freeze up harder than I would like. I suggest either eating this right out of the maker or straining out more of the seeds.