Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a tasty lowfat dessert recipe that I found in the Sunset Low-Fat Cookbook.
- 8 medium firm-ripe peaches (about 2 lbs.)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cold margarine, diced
- low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Peel and slice peaches, you should have about 4 cups.
- In a shallow 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole, combine peaches, 1/3 C of the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Mix lightly.
- Spread raspberries over peach mixture.
- In a food processor or a medium-size bowl, whirl or stir together flour, remaining 1/3 C.
- sugar and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add margarine; whirl with on-off bursts (or cut in with a pastry blender or 2 knives) until mixture begins to cling together in lumps.
- Spoon over raspberries.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until fruit mixture is bubbly in center and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Top with frozen yogurt if desired.
hey jude, this was wonderful! i only had 4 peaches so i also added a pint of blueberries. to the topping i added about 1/3 c of slivered almonds, and i used 1 stick of butter. baking time was right on, and the wonderful fresh fruit just melted in my mouth. i served it plain, but i know this would be awesome topped with ice cream!