Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a special brunch dish - or a fabulous dessert
- 2 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a bowl, combine sliced peaches with the sugar and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Add flour, milk and salt; beat until smooth.
- Place 2 T butter in a 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet and bake at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is melted.
- Remove skillet from oven and immediately pour batter all at once into the hot skillet.
- Put skillet back into the 400 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pancake has risen and poofed all over.
- Remove from oven and fill with the peach slices to serve immediately - with sour cream, if desired.
- You can substitute fresh ripe peaches, of course.
- This is also good with just lemon juice and confectioner's sugar.