Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request on message board. I will have to try this one real soon. Servings are estimated. Sounds fabulous!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (3 medium)
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spray 2 1/2 quart casserole or 9x13 baking dish, with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in baking dish in oven.
- Beat eggs slightly in large bowl with wire whisk.
- Beat in flour, sugar, salt, milk and almond or vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir peaches into butter in baking dish. Return to oven 2 or 3 minutes until sizzling.
- Pour batter over peaches.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with warmed Peach preserves, if desired or Maple syrup.
- You may substitute 1 bag (16 oz) frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained or canned sliced peaches.
This made a tasty and different breakfast for my toddler son and I. I made half a recipe and put in a casserole dish, so not sure if that's why mine took longer to bake than expected. We both enjoyed it and thought it was sweet enough without any additions after baking (syrup).
This was really, really good! I used whole wheat flour and agave nectar instead of sugar, so I can't complain that it ended up being a little heavy rather than super light and puffy. I loved heating up the leftovers for quick breakfasts during the week. The only downside is that my 3-year-old wouldn't eat it, but I bet she would have liked the recipe as written, or perhaps with whole wheat pastry flour.
Marie, since I have an overload of fresh apricots, I have to say that I made this with apricots in place of peaches, it came out very well, although I am going to use peaches next time. The secret to this recipe is make certain that the oven is very hot (425 degrees) for the first 5 minutes and then turn down the heat to 375 for the remainder of the baking time, this insures a puffy light pancake! thanks for sharing Marie!...Kitten:)