Recipe by Ceezie
Fresh peaches are simmered to make a syrup that is folded into the cake batter, giving it a pudding-like texture. Use the juiciest peaches possible. This recipe is inspired by one from Jamie Oliver’s The Naked Chef Takes Off Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 6 peaches (halved and peeled)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch round cake pan or springform pan.
- Place peaches cut side down in a large skillet with brown sugar, vanilla bean seeds and water. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and syrup from cooked peaches; beat until blended.
- Place peaches cut side down in prepared pan; top with batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if using. Serve with vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche, if desired.