1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Recipe from the Hyde Park Bar & Grill in Austin. Courtesy of Bon Appetit. As this bakes the fruit will sink to the bottom of the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 4Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth.
- 5Gradually beat in sugar.
- 6Beat in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- 7Using low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in three additions each, beating well between each addition.
- 8Transfer batter to baking dish, spreading evenly.
- 9Arrange peach slices over batter, overlapping slightly as needed.
- 10Mix together 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 tablespoon sugar and sprinkle over top of peches.
- 11Spray sheet of foil with vegetable oil spray; cover cake with foil (spray side down), and seal at edges.
- 12Bake 45 minutes.
- 13Remove foil (some cake may stick).
- 14Bake until top is golden; edges are crusty, and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes longer.
- 15Cool 1 hour.
- 16Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 301.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g