Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came out of our church cookbook, it's easy and delicious, especially when you are pressed for time! Good warm or cold.
- 396.89 g baked poundcake
- 396.89 g of sliced canned peaches, drained
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl toss together pound cake cubes with drained sliced peaches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, 3 tbsp of the sugar, milk, orange juice and cinnamon.
- Pour over cake mixture, stir gently.
- Let stand 30 minutes, occasionally pressing down on cake so evenly moistened.
- Lightly butter 8 inch square baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon mixture into pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until just set.
Excellent! A pre-made pound cake makes this so easy. I will make this again.
Definitely an outstanding dessert & one I'll definitely be making again (I didn't change a thing) ~ A friend of mine really loves peach cakes, & her birthday's coming up before long, so . . . Thanks for sharing this very nice keeper! [Made & reviewed while in Great Britain with ZWT6]
Peachy sweet custard. A bread pudding made with pound cake. Made for Fathers day and used as a birthday cake. Made for ZWT6 Thanks.