Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is the recipe my mom uses. She has two large peach trees in her yard that always yield the juiciest, sweetest peaches.
Top Review by Bubba&Boo
Yum, yum!! Peach Preserves are supposed to be sweet and these were good; however, I did change the recipe slightly. I doubled the amount of peaches and just couldn't bring myself to dump 12 cups of sugar on top of them, so I only used 9. They turned out perfectly and reminded me of my mom's recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the peaches and sugar in a large shallow glass container; cover and keep in a cool place for 12-18 hours.
- Transfer peach mixture to a large pot; bring to a boil slowly; stirring often.
- Boil gently until peaches become transparent and the syrup thickens (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours), stirring often to keep from sticking.
- Skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Immediately ladle preserves into hot sterilzed jars; leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cover with lids and screw on the bands tightly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.