Recipe by L DJ
Pecan praline topping to a most wonderful peach pie. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or icecream.
Top Review by melsmom
wow!! this is the best peach pie i have ever eaten. the pie was a bit runny, but i had forgotten to put some of the topping in the crust before the peach filling. that would probably have thickened it up more. i put a 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg in with the peach filling. i am going to freeze a lot of peaches just to make this pie during the winter. thanks for a great recipe.
- 6 cups ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/2 C sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice, mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pecans and remaining sugar, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle one-third of crumbs into pie shell, cover with peaches.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake in 450° oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 45 minutes.