Recipe by ChristineLeiser
A delicious, healthy salsa that gives an unexpected taste to every day meals.
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and chopped (I used 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange)
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped (just slice around the pit, a little bit of the red part isn't going to hurt anything)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, chopped (of course fresh would be better, but I'm cleaning out the pantry)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, flake
- 2 limes (just the juice)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine all the ingredients, toss well, but gently to coat, cover and chill at least 30 minutes. A couple of hours would be even better.
- 2. We spooned it over mahi and couscous, but it would go with chicken, pork, steak, vegetarian meals, rice∑ I can‚t think of much that this wouldn‚t be great with.