Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is SO yummy! The nice touch of the maraschino cherries gives it a nice taste and makes the jam pretty as well. This looks wonderful in gift baskets!
- 3 cups peaches, chopped fine (about 2.5 lbs)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) package pectin (MCP brand)
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a large kettle, combine peaches that have been washed, peeled, pitted and chopped with pineapple, lemon juice and cherries.
- Add pectin and mix together.
- Over medium high heat, bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar all at once, mix well and return to a full rolling boil, adding 1/2 tsp butter if needed to reduce foaming.
- When it reaches the full rolling boil, boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir for a couple minutes. If need be, skim foam off the top. Pour into hot jars.
- If needed wipe edge of jars and then put lids and rings on. Get them as tight as you can by hand and turn upside down. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn right side up and let sit in an area free from drafts until cooled.
- If desired you can water process. Either way if the jar does not seal, put it in the fridge and use it first.
I love this recipe. Delicious. I left out the cherries as I love the peach color and taste. I am giving jars away for Christmas.
Outstanding is all I can say! I didn't add the cherries as I wanted to keep the peach colour. I tasted it afterwards and wow.....I can't wait to put this on a scone or bagel ! Yummy for the tummy! This will definitely be a keeper !
Made as directed but used water bath method and processed for 10 minutes. Very good and pretty in the jars.