Recipe by PJMattus
Adapted from a recipe in the newspaper from the Creekside Cafe & Grill in Arizona. This is my go-to cobbler/dump cake. Wonderful & so easy. Awesome served with ice cream. It also re-heats great as left-overs. You can substitute the blackberries for another berry of your choice.
Top Review by billikers
Wow! This was so easy to make and the flavors are out of this world! It is sweet and tart and yummy! The only difference I made was to use walnuts instead of pecans since that is what I had. I will definitely make this again. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 lb frozen blackberrie, thawed
- 1 lb peach slices, thawed
- 1 (13 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 9x13 ungreased pan, spread crushed pineapple & juice.
- Add the thawed blackberries.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix on top of the berries.
- Add thawed peaches on top of the yellow cake mix.
- Sprinkle pecans, then sugar on top.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake 350°F for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes. Scoop and serve with vanilla ice cream.