Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A deeeeelicious peach pie with a difference - made with brown sugar and a coconut topping! Best made with juicy, ripe peaches when in season.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over peaches, toss gently.
- Mixture will be juicy!
- Note: if peaches are very ripe (you can tell when you slice them and they are dripping with juice!)use an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add streusel.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, oatmeal, coconut and butter.
- Mix with a fork until crumbly and the ingredients are moistened with the butter.
- This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over peach mixture.
- Return pie to oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
the coconut in the topping was amazing! it always keeps everyone guessing. I use this on a lot of different pies, but peach is definitely my favorite!
Holy cow! This is pretty amazing! I have made this with peaches and blueberries mixed together, raspberries, and tonight with cranberries and oranges. I have started doubling the topping because it's my favorite part of the dessert! I also tried it as a tart for a thinner version to make it go a little farther with company. :) This is a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
We had this a recent Zaar get-together, baked by the chef herself. What an absolutely delicious pie! I can still taste its lusciousness in my mind! I like that it isn't really sweet as I usually cut the sugar in my baked goods in half. It would be awesome topped with whipped cream or a really good vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt for me.) Edited on November 6, 2010 - I finally got around to making this pie myself and it is as delicious as Elly's! I found that I didn't have quite enough peaches so added frozen mango to make up the difference and it was quite delightful.