Recipe by Elly in Canada
A deeeeelicious peach pie with a difference - made with brown sugar and a coconut topping! Best made with juicy, ripe peaches when in season.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over peaches, toss gently.
- Mixture will be juicy!
- Note: if peaches are very ripe (you can tell when you slice them and they are dripping with juice!)use an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add streusel.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, oatmeal, coconut and butter.
- Mix with a fork until crumbly and the ingredients are moistened with the butter.
- This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over peach mixture.
- Return pie to oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!