Prep 18 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe can be doubled or tripled, depending on the amount you need. It is a great hostess gift, and is fantastic warm. It does crumble a bit when cut warm, but will slice beautifully the next day.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- cooking spray, for baking
- Heat chopped pecans in a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat,stirring often 5 to 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk together sugar,oil,and eggs. Gradually add sugar mixture to flour mixture,beating at low speed until blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in fruit filling and pecans just until blended. Pour batter into 2 (8x4inch)greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes;shield with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary, and bake 15 more minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, cool 15 minutes.
Easy to make and delicious. I added a cup of fresh diced, peeled peaches. This was so good and I will make it again.
Thought this was the basis for a great quick bread. Added some spices and peach yogurt, used both butter and oil and increased the vanilla extract. This would be great with apple or blueberry pie filling too. Thanks for posting!