Recipe by Ceezie
We love to have this in waffle cones - homemade if you have them. I leave out the nutmeg but the rest of the family doesn't. Prep time includes the time it takes to freeze.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen peaches, pieces thawed
- 1⁄3 cup peach nectar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup broken-up vanilla wafer (about 15 cookies)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- waffle bowl, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly soften ice cream. Puree half the peach pieces and the peach nectar in blender. Add ice cream. Pulse 6 to 8 times, until blended.
- Pour into 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal pan. Place in freezer while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Finely dice remaining peach pieces. Toast pecans in small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 minutes. Transfer to plate to cool.
- Remove pan with ice cream mixture from freezer. Stir in chopped peaches, pecans, cookie pieces, nutmeg and cinnamon until well blended. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours or overnight. Serve in waffle bowls, if desired.