Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This salad was definitely love at first bite. So colorful, too. What a pretty presentation! Tip: If you know you're going to be making this, pop all the cans in the fridge the day or even week before, then you can just put all the ingredients in a bowl and go. 5 minutes! Another Tip: Try apple pie filling for a nice twist.
- 595.33 g peach pie filling (Wilderness)
- 453.59 g mandarin oranges, drained
- 453.59 g crushed pineapple, drained
- 283.49 g maraschino cherries, pitted, stemmed and drained
- 1 banana, sliced
- 118.29 ml coarsley chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix together pie filling, oranges, pineapple and cherries.
- Fold in banana (don't squish it!).
- Chill 3-4 hours.
- (Optional): Fold in walnuts right before serving so they don't get soggy.
A delicious fruit salad to bring to potlucks for Spring and Summer. This is sooo good! My sister's late mother-in-law never shared this recipe with others, and I'm so happy your posted it here. My sis says to post a big THANKS from her. BTW, this is awesome spooned over sliced pound cake!
I made this just as listed, co-workers and I really liked it. Nice change from the whipped-creamy types. Will add this to my list of favorites. Thanks for posting.
My Grandma would make this, only she used apricot pie filling. (Peach if she couldn't find apricot.) She would put the sliced bananas on the top. Thanks for posting a fond memory!