Recipe by Dib's
A taste of summer in a jar.
Top Review by CindyB7
We (7 of us) fell in love with this. After canning my first batch, I had some left that wouldn't fill a jar. I heated a cast iron skillet added 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar, poured the excess on top of this and topped it with a butter cake mix. Baked it until golden brown and let it cool for 10 minutes. When I turned it out of the pan onto a plate, we could hardly wait to taste it. To say the least, we were not disappointed!
- 2839.08 ml peeled, pitted and chopped peaches
- 3 inch stick cinnamon
- 14.78 ml whole cloves
- 631.69 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml peeled and finely chopped apples
- 354.88 ml golden raisins
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 9.85 ml grated fresh lemon rind (no white)
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie cinnamon stick and whole cloves in a cheesecloth spice bag.
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and boil gently for about 75 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Discard spice bag and ladle pie filling into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove bubbles.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.