Recipe by ellie_
Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making this yummy sounding peach pie before peach season is over. Recipe source: newspaper.
Top Review by Becky3001
I made this this summer and was very happy with it. Next time I would use probably 1 more peach. It was not filled as high as I liked with 5, and my peaches very fairly large. Other than that, the pie was very tasty and very highly received by my friends. Thanks!
- pastry for double-crust pie (your own or Pillsbury pie crusts)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Prepare pastry or use pre-packages pastry and put bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet combine sugars, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in peaches and simmer for 5 minutes or until filling thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie pan.
- Fit top crust on top of filling.
- Crimp and seal edges.
- Cut slits in dough on top of pie.
- Place pie on baking sheet and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for 45 more minutes or until crust is brown and filling is bubbly.