Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making this yummy sounding peach pie before peach season is over. Recipe source: newspaper.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Prepare pastry or use pre-packages pastry and put bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet combine sugars, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in peaches and simmer for 5 minutes or until filling thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie pan.
- Fit top crust on top of filling.
- Crimp and seal edges.
- Cut slits in dough on top of pie.
- Place pie on baking sheet and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for 45 more minutes or until crust is brown and filling is bubbly.