Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making this yummy sounding peach pie before peach season is over. Recipe source: newspaper.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Prepare pastry or use pre-packages pastry and put bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet combine sugars, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in peaches and simmer for 5 minutes or until filling thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie pan.
- Fit top crust on top of filling.
- Crimp and seal edges.
- Cut slits in dough on top of pie.
- Place pie on baking sheet and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for 45 more minutes or until crust is brown and filling is bubbly.
I made this this summer and was very happy with it. Next time I would use probably 1 more peach. It was not filled as high as I liked with 5, and my peaches very fairly large. Other than that, the pie was very tasty and very highly received by my friends. Thanks!
I absolutely love peaches! I increased the number of peaches to fill my pie pan....my peaches must have been on the small side. I felt the amount of cinnamon and ginger was a bit too much, so next time I would reduce them by half. Served warm with delicious vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
I made this to take to work and it was wonderful! I used 6 large peaches and to be honest I forgot the lemon juice. Didn't miss it at all!!