Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Peach pie using fresh peaches.
- double pie crust (9 inch size)
- 1419.54 ml of fresh ripe peaches (sliced)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- egg wash (1 raw egg, 1 tsp. water mixed)
- 4.92 ml sugar, topping
- Make your own pie crust or get a frozen double crust of refrigerator crusts.
- Let prepared crusts thaw out.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, flour, cinnamon, and sugar and rest in bowl for 15 minutes.
- Pour the peach mixture in a pie crust.
- Dot the butter evenly on top of peach, sugar mix.
- Top with the second crust.
- Make slits in the top pie crust.
- Flute the edges of the crust.
- Brush top crust with egg wash and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, use some foil to put around the edges to slow down browning on the sides. Bake for 25 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let rest and cool on a wire rack letting sit for about 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
This pie deserves 50 stars instead of 5. What a wonderful ending to this fun Pick A Chef game. Andi...you're the greatest! I used well drained canned peaches since I didn't have any nice fresh ones........but that didn't make any difference. Peach pie is my favorite fruit pie, but your recipe is an absolutely wonderful pie which surpasses all I've ever eaten. Pretty easy to make too. Thanks a lot. Made for PAC Fall 2011.