Peach pie using fresh peaches.
Make and share this Peach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Make your own pie crust or get a frozen double crust of refrigerator crusts.
- Let prepared crusts thaw out.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, flour, cinnamon, and sugar and rest in bowl for 15 minutes.
- Pour the peach mixture in a pie crust.
- Dot the butter evenly on top of peach, sugar mix.
- Top with the second crust.
- Make slits in the top pie crust.
- Flute the edges of the crust.
- Brush top crust with egg wash and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, use some foil to put around the edges to slow down browning on the sides. Bake for 25 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let rest and cool on a wire rack letting sit for about 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream.