1/2 Photos of Peach Pie
I found this pie among some family recipes. I'm not very knowledgeable with fruit pies so I asked a question about it on the Recipezaar forums. I promised to post the recipe if it turned out. My co-workers loved it, so here it is! Cooking time includes baking of the pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dip peaches in hot water and skin them.
- 2Cover peaches in cold water to keep from turning brown.
- 3If fresh peaches are not available, two 15 ounce cans of canned (and drained) sliced peaches may be used.
- 4Crush a few peaches at a time to make one cup of crushed peaches.
- 5Remaining peaches will be sliced directly into the pie crust.
- 6Make a sauce by combining the sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and one cup crushed peaches.
- 7Mix together and cook until thickened.
- 9Arrange remaining sliced peaches in a nice pattern into the baked pie shell.
- 10Carefully pour cooled sauce over the sliced peaches.
- 11Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1980.0
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1527.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 354.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 243.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g