Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
A good side for roasted meats.
- 16 cups blanched, peeled, halved and pitted peaches (around 30)
- 4 teaspoons fruit fresh
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- Place peaches that have been halved in 4 T.
- fruit fresh to 8 cups water-drain when ready.
- Tie cinnamon, cloves, and ginger root in a spice bag.
- Combine spice bag, sugar's and vinegar in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil pickling liquid gently for 5 minutes.
- Add peach halves to the boiling pickling liquid and boil gently 8 minutes.
- Bring to a full boil, remove from heat and remove spice bag.
- Pack peaches into hot jars to within 3/4 inch from top of rim.
- Add boiling liquid to cover peaches leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.