- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and brown lightly on all sides.
- Stir together preserves, onion, lemon juice, ginger and green pepper. Pour over chicken, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with water. Stir into mixture and cool until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice.