1/1 Photo of Peach Peeling-Peach Seed Jelly
24 hrs 30 mins
Taylor in Belgium's Note:
Make a delicious clear peach jelly using the peelings and seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts peelings and seeds from peaches, minimum
To every 3 cups juice
- 1 package dry pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1Place a minimum of 4 qts peelings and seed in heavy pan.
- 2Barely cover with water.
- 3Bring to boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 4Let stand overnight.
- 5Strain juice through cheesecloth.
- 6Measure 3 cups juice into pan.
- 7Add 1 pkg powdered pectin.
- 8Bring to a rigorous boil and add 3 cups sugar.
- 9Boil juice rapidly until drops sheet off spoon as in jelly testing.
- 10Skim off foam.
- 11Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch from top.
- 12Band and process in water bath for 5 minutes.
- 13For concern about the aspects of using peach seeds, here is a bit of info about the usage of peach products, Peach Uses & Scientific Evidence For Peach leaves and bark have demulcent, sedative, diuretic and expectorant properties, and work well to relieve bladder inflammation and urinary tract problems. The leaves and bark can also be used to treat whooping cough, ordinary coughs, and chronic bronchitis. Peach seed (kernel) can be used as a mild laxative, and an expectorant for the lungs, nose and throat, and it can help relieve chest pain and spasms. Peach bark is still used to improve blood flow and eliminate blood stagnation caused by amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain, and pain and swelling due to external injuries.
- 14Since there is only one pit per peach and alot of peel, the recipe should not be altered if the peach seed is left out.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Peeling-Peach Seed Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (3114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 100.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g