Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
In 'Southern Pies' by Nancie McDermott
Make and share this Peach-Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry, edges crimped decoratively
- 3 cups peeled sliced peaches (6 medium, fresh or frozen, unthawed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pecan Crumb Topping
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Refrigerate pie shell until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Scatter the peaches over the bottom of the piecrust.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, and flour.
- Using a whisk, stir to mix everything into a thick, rich sauce.
- Pour this evenly over the peaches.
- Place the pin on the center shelf of the oven.
- Bake until the custard is set and the crust is handsomely browned, about 30 minutes.
- Topping-in the bowl of a food processor, combine the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Pulse the machine on and off, until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Stir in the chopped pecans; set aside.
- Remove the pie from the oven, and scatter the topping all over the pie.
- Return to the oven and bake until the pie is golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack or a folded kitchen towel and let cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.