Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For me, there's nothing better than a breakfast made with fresh, juicy peaches. This one comes from Peach Perfect (Lowfat Recipes) by Sherri Eldridge. Each serving of 3 pancakes has only 274 calories and 6.5 grams of fat. Use the soy milk to make this dairy-free.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups skim milk or 2 cups soymilk
- 2 large peaches
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then beat in sugar, oil, and milk. Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Remove pits and dice peaches into 1/4-inch cubes. Gently fold peaches and pecans into batter.
- Preheat griddle, then spray with non-stick oil. Ladle pancake batter onto griddle to make 4-inch-round pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip to cook other side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup of fruit sauce.
I love peach pancakes and this recipe didn't disappoint. They were easy to prepare and tasted delicious. I did cheat a bit by using canned peaches. I used the juice from the peaches with maple syrup to make peach flavored syrup. Delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe.