Recipe by Donna M.
Heavenly! One of my Mom's recipes that she made when I was a child. Fresh strawberries can be substituted for the peaches.
- 3 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 12 soda crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped peach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate.
- Beat egg whites until it forms soft peaks, then slowly add sugar and continue beating until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix crackers, baking powder, and pecans in a small bowl.
- Fold cracker mixture gently into egg whites.
- Pour into buttered pie plate, spreading evenly and shaping like a crust to conform to pie pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Fold chopped peaches into Cool Whip.
- Pour into cooled crust and chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with additional sliced peaches, if desired.