Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Diabetic Living.
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces peach yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger (optional)
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- Place all ingredients except for the ice in a blender.
- Cover blender and process until smooth.
- Gradually add the ice through the blender feed tube and blend until almost smooth.
- Each serving is equal to 1 cup.
This was a good smoothie! I was looking for a way to use up a single peach that was a little ripe and this smoothie was the perfect solution. I was drawn to the recipe because of the ginger, which is great for many of what ails me! I used fresh ginger instead of powder. The yogurt adds a nice tang, yet the amount is small enough to keep the sugar content low. Really enjoyed and made for Culinary Quest 2014. Thanks Cookgirl!
Perfect snack! I cut this back to 2c for myself. I used canned peaches <ducking> but it worked very well. I like the zip from the dried ginger but I think fresh would be even better. Nice, quick snack! Made for Cruisin' Culinary Queens of the 2014 Culinary Quest. xo Bethie
Peaches are at their best right now, and dripping in sweet juice. Used a touch of honey, too. The kids and I enjoyed this smoothie very much.